Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sleepy = Sugar Cravings

I haven't written in a little while. I have been busy starting my new, rather full on job and have moved into my new apartment. I have been so busy and I am lacking enough sleep. So how has that affected this year's challenge.

It turns out that being really tired results in sugar cravings and I have had caught myself a couple of times thinking about buying chocolate and then having to remind myself that 2011 IS MY YEAR WITHOUT SUGAR. The challenge is effective!

One difficult moment was taking my fella out for his birthday dinner at a great restaurant that had an extensive gluten-free dessert menu and I couldn't touch anything. But ultimately I don't think I actually want those things that badly. This has made me realise how easily I gave into food related thoughts in the past. I'm proud and it has only been almost three weeks. Planning a giftie to myself for when I reach a month.

Off to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment