Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sickie = cravings

A combination of not entirely looking after myself and a sick co-worker meant that I have wound up with a nasty cold and I spent most of the last four days asleep. It also seemed to result in regular sugar cravings.

I found myself thinking about ice-cream and cordial a lot. I think it might have been because I had a sore throat and all I wanted to do was drink cool drinks. These have been the toughest days of the year so far for repelling sugar. I have made sure that there has always been cool water near by and when I got sick of that, I diffused cranberry and rasberry tea into some chilled water and it was rather like iced tea.

These last few days have been even tougher than my first couple of weeks at my new job where there has been regular temptations. There was a beautiful-looking almond and orange farewell cake for the girl I have replaced and fruit lollies brough back from Barcelona by our Executive Producer. I have been warned that there are regularly chocolate and lollies floating around the office. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and it should be alright! Almost one month off sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment