Thursday, January 6, 2011

Challenges met

So it's Day 6 and still I haven't had any sweets. Not being able to eat wheat and having all my usual bread providers close over Christmas meant that I had to opt for the regular supermarket gluten free bread which has 1% sugar in it but I think overall this is going really well.

So I have had a couple of challenges, even apart from people foisting chocolate upon me. A couple of nights ago i woke up at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep. Previously, knowing that there was chocolate all over the house- my boyfriend has benefitted from me passing on the sugar- I would have helped myself, but this time I had a piece of toast. Also, tonight I went out for dinner and I really felt like dessert afterwards but I thought about how I had some great pineapple at home and I waited til I got home and had a slice. Excellent.

It was pretty hot here in Melbourne today and I drove through St. Kilda this afternoon and noticed lots of people eating icecream but they were all eating boring icecream on sticks and it didn't make me feel like one at all, although I did think I could go some gelati. This is getting a bit tougher, but I was expecting it would. One more day and I'll make it to a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment