Saturday, January 8, 2011

Week One in the bag

I'm onto Day 9 of My Year Without Sugar and I am really happy that I made it to a week and then some. I had a dream that someone snuck some sugar into my dinner and it upset me and I think that is a good indicator of how pleased I am with this challenge.

I can't help but notice now just how much sugar other people around me eat. It is a bit concerning but it makes me even more happy with my challenge. I start work in two days and I think that working full time again is going to be what makes me really prove myself if I can get through it without sugar. I find that when I am stressed or tired, I want to eat more and there is always the late afternoon drop in sugar levels that leaves us craving something sweet. I will have to make sure that I am well nourished through the day and have a satisfying snack for the afternoons to see me through.

I haven't noticed too many changes after only eight days without sugar except perhaps that my sugar cravings have decreased a little. I have been really tired and had a little cold this past week so I don't think I will be able to really measure the changes for a little while. Here is to week two!

No comments:

Post a Comment