Saturday, January 1, 2011

One Day Down, 364 to go

My first day without sugar was a success. Eating chocolate almost every day in the couple of months leading up to 2011, I was quite nervous about how my first day would go. There were many temptations but I found it surprisingly easy to ignore them yesterday.

I visited my grandparents who have always been keen to inject as much icecream, chocolate, biscuits and cake into my sister's and I as they could and I have very rarely said no. Yesterday alone my Grandma offered me a Cherry Ripe, chocolate panetone and icecream, but the most tempting offer was turkish delight - the proper stuff in icing sugar. I don't know that I have ever said no before but am surprised at how easy it was to turn it down.

The hardest knock back was in the afternoon when I met up with my best friend's boyfriend who is visiting from Norway while my mate is still in Oslo, unable to travel at the moment. He gave me some Christmas gifts from my friend and one of them was my favourite Norwegian chocolate that I fell in love with when I visited last year. Heavenly Firløver milk chocolate with hazelnuts! And I had to say no! 

It was a day of major temptations but my excitement at starting this year long challenge, in addition to being busy yesterday and having quite tasty main meals meant that the first day of my year without sugar passed quite easily. I think today might be a little tougher.

No comments:

Post a Comment